A TRIED AND TESTED TRAYBAKE FROM DIETITIANS THE BITING TRUTH
This vegan-friendly Teriyaki Tofu & Veggie Traybake from dietitians The Biting Truth is super easy to make, and full of different gut loving vegetables and plant-based protein!
Plants are essential to good gut health as they’re high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Fibre acts as a source of food for the beneficial bacteria living in your gut, and because different plants contain different amounts and types of fibre, it’s important to consume a varied range to encourage a diverse and healthy microbiome.
So whilst they’ve suggested some veggies below, feel free to mix it up and use whatever you currently have handy!
- 600g extra firm tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 handful green beans
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 bunch coriander, to season
- Sesame seeds, to season
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mirin (or you could use rice wine vinegar or vinegar)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread diced tofu out on the tray. Add capsicum, carrot, green beans and cabbage. Spray vegetables with extra virgin olive oil (or drizzle with extra virgin olive oil). Transfer to the oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine teriyaki sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Remove the tray from the oven and drizzle teriyaki sauce over the vegetables and tofu and transfer back to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with shallots, sesame seeds, coriander. We also recommend serving with some brown rice.
Our favourite MOJO to enjoy with this meal is Activated Kombucha Ginger – a low sugar sparkling spiced with the zing of real ginger!