Dietitian Dr Joanna McMillan shares her go-to lunch that's good for your gut!
Dr Jo's tips for building a gut-friendly lunch:
- Fresh leafy greens
- Roast veggies - leftovers from dinner the night before are great!
- Canned mixed beans
- Fresh veggies or fruit, such as cherry tomatoes
- Mixed nuts and seeds for crunch
- Additional protein - chicken, can of tuna or leftover meats
- Wholegrains - cooked brown rice, quinoa or slice of sourdough bread
- Extra virgin olive oil and vinegar for dressing
If you're looking to pair your lunch with a refreshing sip, swap out your juice or soft drink for a sparkling low sugar kombucha. You'll find the probiotic strain and quantity listed in the ingredients on every bottle of MOJO Activated Kombucha, so you know it's thriving with those good gut bugs!
MOJO Activated Kombucha is living in the fridge at Woolworths, Coles, independent grocers, cafes and health food stores. Find where to buy MOJO here.